Clemmons Farmers Market to open Saturday
The Clemmons Farmers Market will open from 8:30-11:30 a.m. this Saturday at the Jerry Long Family YMCA, located at 1150 S. Peace Haven Road in Clemmons. The Clemmons Farmers Market is a producer-only market — local farmers, growers and bakers only sell items they make, bake or grow themselves. The market inspires open communication between growers and consumers, promotes eating fresh and buying local, and provides a wide variety of nutritional food choices.
In order to keep safety at the forefront of this market season, several guidelines are being implemented including:
- If anyone shows any signs of illness, they should not attend the market
- There will be no access to restrooms or any of the Y indoor facilities
- Preorders will continue to be offered
- Washing your hands is recommended before arriving and upon returning home from the market
- Please do not touch products. Vendors will bag the products for you.
- No reusable bags allowed
- Pre-orders are encouraged and so is the use of credit cards for vendors that offer these services
- Please respect a six-foot distance between you and vendors or other customers
- Customers will be asked to remain in their vehicles if long lines begin to form
- Please make purchases and leave once completed
- All vendors and customers are encouraged to wear a face covering or mask as recommended by the CDC
- Carry in, carry out — please keep the area as pristine as you found it, by taking any trash with you.
- The Jerry Long YMCA campus is alcohol, dog, and tobacco-free.