Local students honored — May 28
Mars Hill University dean’s list
MARS HILL — Mars Hill University recognizes 382 students named on the Honor Roll of the Academic Dean at the end of the spring 2020 semester. To qualify for the dean’s list, students must earn a grade-point average of 3.5 on a minimum of 12 semester hours, and carry no grade below a C.
Among them are:
• Daniel Tran Foskett Hudgins of Winston-Salem
• Sarah Irene Bracken of Mocksville
• Emilee Wenmoth of Clemmons
Smith graduates from The Citadel
CHARLESTON, S.C. — Troy Smith, of Lewisville, earned a bachelor’s degree in intelligence and security students from The Citadel. Smith graduated during the South Carolina Corps of Cadets virtual commencement ceremony on Saturday, May 9.
Nearly 600 members of the South Carolina Corps of Cadets accepted diplomas during The Citadel’s virtual commencement. In addition to graduating, about 30% of the class accepted commissions as U.S. military officers in all branches of service.
Local students named to dean’s list at Anderson University
ANDERSON, S.C. — The following students were named to the dean’s list at Anderson University for the spring 2020 semester. In order to be named to the dean’s list, a student must maintain a 3.5 grade point average or higher for the semester.
• Rachel Buckner of Clemmons
• Weston Penrod of Lewisville
• Brooke Salisbury of Lewisville
Local residents earn degrees from WGU
SALT LAKE CITY — The following local residents have earned a degree from Western Governors University (WGU). The online, nonprofit university has graduated over 178,000 students from across the country since its inception in 1997.
• Cara Kusnic, of Clemmons, earned a master of education degree in learning and technology
• Tanya Council, of Mocksville, earned a bachelor of science degree in marketing management
• Kimberly Spears, of Mocksville, earned a bachelor of science degree in nursing
• Matthew Vaughn, of Mocksville, earned a bachelor of science degree in accounting
• Justin Leffue, of Winston-Salem, earned a master of science degree in cybersecurity and information assurance
• Jennifer Anderson, of Winston-Salem, earned a master of science degree in nursing — education (BSN to MSN)
• Chandler Watts, of Winston-Salem, earned a bachelor of science degree in nursing
• Alicia Holland, of Winston-Salem, earned a bachelor of science degree in nursing
• Heather Johnson, of Winston-Salem, earned a master of education degree in instructional design