Limb collection resumes in March
Published 12:00 am Thursday, February 25, 2021
Limbs should be placed on the edge of your street by 7 a.m. on Monday morning of the following schedule between March and November.
• East of Lewisville-Clemmons Road and Middlebrook Drive (Winston-Salem side) — second full week of the month
• West of Lewisville-Clemmons Road and Middlebrook Drive (Tanglewood side) — first full week of the month
Pickups occur during the scheduled week. It is not possible to specify an exact day of the week for pickup.
Requirements and placement
• Limbs must not exceed 6 inches in diameter and 16 feet in length.
• Limbs should be big enough to be collected with a pitchfork — no twig piles.
• Limbs should be stacked neatly in one pile with all limbs facing the same direction.
• Limb piles should be placed in an accessible area at the edge of the yard — not under wires, low hanging branches, or blocked by vehicles.
• Shrubbery trimmings can be placed on top of limb piles.
• Do not place dirt, mulch, roots, rotten wood, rocks, metal, trash or building materials in limb piles.
Limb piles that cannot be collected by the village
• Commercially cut limbs.
• Limbs that do not meet the size requirements.
• Limbs mixed with other materials, i.e. dirt, rocks, trash, building materials.
• Limbs improperly placed or placed in inaccessible areas.
Contact Public Works at 336-766-9170 for any questions.