Forsyth Public Health to give $100 cash card for first dose COVID vaccinations starting August 4
Published 12:13 am Friday, August 6, 2021
Starting Wednesday, August 4,
A $25 gift card is still being offered for non-commercial drivers 18 and over who transport individuals to get their first dose. The cards will be available for vaccinations at the health department and Publ
All cards are for first doses only, and each patient’s COVID vaccination history will be checked before the shot is administered or the cash card is given. The cards can be used anywhere a debit Mastercard is accepted. Cards will be given while supplies last.
Appointments and walk-ups for COVID-19 vaccinations are accepted during the week at the Public Health Department, 799 N. Highland Ave:
- Appointments are available at Bit.Ly/FCNCCovidVaccine or by calling 336-582-0800 from 8 a.m. -5 p.m. Mon-Fri.
- Walk-ups are accepted Mon-Tues. 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Wednesday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Thurs. 8 a.m.-8 p.m., and Fri. 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday vaccinations at the health department will be held the second Saturday of the month from 9 a.m-12 p.m.
Public Health staff will be accepting walk-ups at these community vaccination events:
- August 4, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Crystal Towers, 625 West 6th Street
- August 6, 3 p.m.-6 p.m., El Buen Samaritano, 2800 Ludwig Street
- August 7, 5 p.m.-8:30 p.m., Bowman Gray Stadium Racing, 1250 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Drive
Vaccinations are free and no ID or insurance is needed. The single-dose Johnson and Johnson vaccine, for ages 18 and up, will be an option while supplies last. The two-dose Pfizer vaccine, for ages 12 and up, Moderna vaccine, for ages 18 and up is also currently available.