Clemmons Branch Library events for the week of Sept. 8
Published 12:00 am Thursday, September 9, 2021
For more information on these and other programs, go to www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St., Clemmons.
• Story time: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. — Featuring books and singalongs. This fall, story times will alternate between being held outdoors and on Zoom, but online registration through the library website is required for both formats. On Sept. 9, story time will be in the library courtyard, and on Sept. 16 it will be on Zoom.
• Zoom Preschool Crafts: Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. — Join in every Wednesday on Zoom at 11:30 a.m. for a preschool craft project. Supplies will be listed on the website ahead of time and a limited quantity of supply kits will be available for pickup the week before the program. Visit the library website or call 336-703-2920 for sign-up information.
• I Wonder Wednesdays: Wednesdays at 4:30 p.m. — Join in on Zoom for the new children’s program series featuring a variety of topics. A limited number of supply kits will be available upon request at the Clemmons Branch Library. On Sept. 15, the library celebrates beloved children’s author Roald Dahl.
• Virtual Chess Club: Chess Club has gone virtual. Using Zoom meeting rooms and lichess.org, join in once a month for a virtual chess strategy session and tournament play. Open to ages 7-18. The next meeting will be at 4 p.m. Sept. 21. Visit the library website for registration information.
• Teen Talk Thursdays: Every other Thursday at 4 p.m. — Part art club, part virtual hangout. All teens, all the time. On Sept. 9 on Zoom, the program will cover “Adulting 101 — Plan it out!” Learn how to keep your life on track this fall using planners and lists. Visit the library website to sign up.
• Free Music from the Library: At 2 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 15, learn how to legally download free songs from the Forsyth County Public Library using the Freegal service. To register, go to the Clemmons Branch Library website or call 336-703-2920.