Clemmons Branch Library events for the week of Nov. 11
Published 12:00 am Thursday, November 11, 2021
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.
- Veterans Day: All Forsyth County Public Library locations will be closed on Thursday, Nov. 11, for Veterans Day.
• Storytime: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. — Featuring books and singalongs. This fall, storytimes will alternate between being held outdoors and on Zoom, but online registration through the library website is required for both formats. There will be no storytime on Nov. 11 due to Veterans Day. On Nov. 18, storytime will be in the courtyard.
• Virtual Chess Club: Chess Club has gone virtual. Using Zoom meeting rooms and lichess.org, join in once a month for a virtual chess strategy session and tournament play. Open to ages 7-18. The next meeting will be Nov. 16 at 4 p.m. Go to the library website for registration information.
• Cherokee Clan Masks: Come to the library on Wednesday, Nov. 17 at 4:30 p.m. to celebrate Native American Heritage Month and learn about Cherokee clan masks and traditions and then make your own. Program is presented by the Wake Forest Museum of Anthropology. Registration is required. Go to the library website to sign up.
• Teen Talk Thursdays: Every other Thursday at 4:30 p.m. Come to the library on Nov. 18 to learn how to follow a recipe and basic food safety skills.