Clemmons Branch Library events for the week of Jan. 13
Published 12:00 am Thursday, January 13, 2022
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.
• Family Movie Night: Every Monday at 5:30 p.m. — Join in to watch a family-friendly movie in the storytime room. Movies will range from G to PG ratings. No registration required. For more information, visit the Clemmons Branch Library website.
• Chess Club: Come join in at the Clemmons Library to play the game of kings. Chess sets will be provided so bring your moves and join either the casual free play tables or a competition table. Open to beginners and players with all levels of expertise. Ages 7-18. The next meeting will be at 4 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 18.
• Virtual Preschool Crafts: Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. on Zoom — Supplies will be listed on the website ahead of time and a limited quantity of supply kits will be available for pickup the week before the program. Visit the library website or call 336-703-2920 for signup information. The next preschool craft session will be on Wednesday, Jan. 19 and will feature a squirrel craft.
• Storytime: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. on Zoom — Featuring books and singalongs for all ages. Registration is required, visit the library website to sign up. The next virtual story time will be on Thursday, Jan. 20.
• I Wonder Wednesday: Every other Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. — On Wednesday, Jan. 26, the group will be in the storytime room to celebrate Australia Day. For ages 5 and up.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Feb. 7, the group will discuss “Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine” by Gail Honeyman.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and the library make a copy for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On Jan. 18, the club will be making soups and stews.