Village Briefing: Village events for January
Published 12:10 am Thursday, January 13, 2022
Here’s what’s happening in the village for the month of January:
For more details on the items below, go to Clemmons.org . Join the email list at tinyrul.com/clemmonsnews for news delivered to your inbox.
The Village of Clemmons will be closed for Martin Luther King Jr. Day on Monday, Jan. 17 (trash collection will be on normal schedule). Please be reminded that when village offices are closed, there is no public access to the recycle and trash compactors located at Public Works.
- The regularly scheduled January Planning Board Meeting has been canceled due to no new cases to be heard. The next meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, Feb. 15.
- The regularly scheduled council meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 24, in council chambers.
- Council retreat is scheduled for Jan. 27.
- E-recycle will be held from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 22, at the Public Works facility.
- Congratulations to the Village of Clemmons “Light Up the Village” contest, English’s Bridal & Formal Wear. Nina Beck has won the contest two years in a row with her beautiful window displays.
- Ages 4-99 are invited to participate in the Betty White Loves Clemmons Lego Contest. Entries must be dropped off to Village Hall on Feb. 11 and/or Feb. 12. Visit Clemmons.org/lego for more information.
- Christmas tree collection will continue for areas east of Lewisville-Clemmons Road and Middlebrook Drive on Tuesday, Jan. 18. The village will also be collecting tree limbs from the recent storm at this time. Please follow the requirements and guidelines.
- Leaf collection is currently on a continuous rotation throughout the village. The last rotation of leaf collection will begin Jan. 24 (weather permitting). Leaf pickup will then resume Oct. 1.
Clemmons Farmers Market
- Several Farmers Market vendors are offering a winter preorder and pick-up service at village on Fridays and/or Sundays. Visit Clemmons.org/farmersmarket for more details.
- Clemmons Farmers Market is currently accepting applications for full time, part time, and daily, farm-prepared foods/baked goods and craft vendors for the 2022 season.