Upcoming events at the Mary Alice Warren Community Center in Lewisville
Published 12:00 am Thursday, February 3, 2022
Upcoming events at the Mary Alice Warren Community Center in Lewisville:
• Line Dancing Class with Jackie Phillips — Every Tuesday from 5:30-7:30 p.m. beginning Feb. 1. Contact instructor at firstname.lastname@example.org or via telephone at 727-776-1555. The first hour of this class is for beginners, and the second hour of the class is beginner plus. Phillips has been teaching since 1996 — music includes country, pop, Latin and Top 40. This is a fun, energetic class.
• Shagging Classes — Every Wednesday from 6:30-7:30 p.m. beginning Feb. 2. Cost is $30 for one month of classes. Dance partner is not required. Please wear a soft-sole shoe. Contact instructor Kate Reidenbach at 336-768-1592. Reidenbach has been teaching shagging classes for more than 50 years.
• Adult Yoga Class — Every Thursday morning from 10:00-11:30 a.m. Instructor is Kate Reidenbach, Cost is $30 for one month of class. Reidenbach has been teaching yoga for decades. Contact her at 336-768-1592. Bring a towel, a mat and water.
• Acting Class for Seniors — Instructor John Hohn. This program consists of six two-hour weekly classes over six consecutive weeks. First class is free to all interested. A tuition of $20 for the remaining five classes will be charged. Classes begin Wednesday, Feb. 1, from 3-5 p.m. Space is limited. Contact Hohn at email@example.com or 336-457-0523.
• American Mahjong — Instructor Kathy Ryckman. Classes every Monday from 1-5 p.m. beginning Feb. 7. Mahjong is similar to the card game rummy. Playing Mahjong is beneficial for stimulating one’s cognitive performance and a great time of fellowship. For more information on the game of mahjong, visit nationalmahjonggleague.org. Contact Ryckman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Open Doors Art Classes — through the Shepherd’s Center’s Vital Living Program. Join artist Leslie Karpinski for mixed media for three Mondays in February. Classes are from 9:30 a.m.-noon on Feb. 7, 14 and 21. Cost for all three sessions is $25 and includes all art supplies. For registration, contact the Shepherd’s Center at 336-748-0217. You may pay on the first day of class or mail payment to the Shepherd’s Center, 1700 Ebert Street, Winston-Salem, NC 27103. The open door art classes welcome people of all ages who are interested in expressing their creativity and artistic skills. Beginners are always welcome.
• Arts and Crafts Classes — featuring artist Marlene Kuser. Contact Shannon Stokes at the Winston-Salem & Forsyth County Arts Council at email@example.com for registration information. Classes are:
Thursday, March 10, 4-5 p.m. — Scarf workshop
Thursday, April 14, 4-5 p.m. — Matchbook Notebook Workshop
Saturday, May 7, 10 a.m.-noon — Beginning Earring Workshop
Saturday, June 11, 10-11:30 a.m. — Keychain Workshop
• Family Drop-In Art-Making with Artist Seann Vincente — in coordination with the Winston-Salem and Forsyth Council Arts Council and the Shallowford Foundation. No fees and no pre-registration. Join Seann Vincente every fourth Saturday of the month from noon-3 p.m. beginning Feb. 26 in the Magnolia Room of the Mary Alice Warren Community Center for a free family drop-in painting workshop. No prior art experience is required. All supplies are included. This painting class is for all ages and art levels. To register for this class, contact the Winston-Salem Forysth County Arts Council via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Quilting Classes — Instructor Ania Reich. Classes will be offered from 4-9 p.m. each Tuesday and Wednesday. Contact Ania Reich at 336-705-7901 or via email at email@example.com You may also visit her website at www.aniareich-quilts.com. An open house will be held from 4-7 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 1, in the Shallowford Room.