Upcoming events at the Clemmons Library
Published 12:00 am Thursday, February 10, 2022
• Family Movie Night: Every Monday at 5:30 p.m. — Join in to watch a family-friendly movie in the storytime room. Movies will range from G to PG ratings. No registration required. For more information, visit the Clemmons Branch Library website.
• Chess Club: Come join in at the Clemmons Library to play the game of kings. Chess sets will be provided so bring your moves and join either a casual free play table or a competition table. Open to beginners and players with all levels of expertise. Ages 7-18. The next meeting will be on Tuesday, Feb. 15 at 4 p.m.
• Virtual Preschool Crafts: Wednesdays at 11:30 a.m. on Zoom — Supplies will be listed on the website ahead of time and a limited quantity of supply kits will be available for pickup the week before the program. Visit the library website or call 336-703-2920 for sign-up information. The next preschool craft session will be on Wednesday, Feb. 16, and will be frog themed.
• Storytime: Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. On Zoom — Featuring books and singalongs for all ages. Registration is required, visit the library website to sign up. The next virtual story time will be on Thursday, Feb. 17.
• I Wonder Wednesday: Every other Wednesday at 4:30 p.m. — On Wednesday, Feb. 23, the group will learn about the Real McCoy and trains. For ages 5 and up.
• Teen Talk Thursdays: Every other Thursday at 4:30 p.m. — Part art club, part hangout. All teens, all the time. The next meeting will be in the library’s teen space on Feb. 24, and the group will watch a movie.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On March 7, the club will discuss “Little Fires Everywhere,” by Celeste Ng.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On Feb. 16, the club will feature soups and stews.
• Blood Drive: The Clemmons Branch Library and the American Red Cross will host a blood drive from 2-6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 15. Go to www.redcrossblood.org and use the sponsor code Clemmons Library to make your appointment.
• African-American Genealogy: On Tuesday, Feb. 22, at 6 p.m. learn about the unique types of records used in African-American genealogy and discover research methods to help you find ancestors in this free program. To register, call the Clemmons Branch Library at 336-703-2920.
For more information on these and other programs, visit the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.