Village of Clemmons briefs
Published 12:00 am Thursday, February 10, 2022
• The regularly scheduled council meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 14, in council chambers.
• The regularly scheduled Planning Board meeting will be held at 6 p.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 15, in council chambers.
• E-Recycle has been rescheduled for Saturday, April 9, from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. at the Public Works facility.
• Ages 4 up to 99 are invited to participate in the Betty White Loves Clemmons Lego Contest. Entries must be dropped off to village hall on Feb. 11 and/or Feb. 12. Visit Clemmons.org/lego for more information.
• During the month of February, the village will begin its month-long campaign of Neighbors Helping Neighbors — a monthlong educational and collection campaign for the Clemmons Food Pantry. Weekly themes include Capture My Heart (top 12 wanted items), Soup’er Bowl Food Drive, Let’s Celebrate and Feed a Family. A celebration will be held on Feb. 26 at the Clemmons Food Pantry with tours, a kid’s train and more.
• Clemmons Spring Medicine Drop event will be held from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Monday, March 21, at the Clemmons Fire Department (5931 James Street). This will be a drive-thru event to dispose of expired, unwanted, or unused pills safely.
Leaf collection will end after the weather allows for one more rotation throughout the village. Leaf pickup will then resume Oct. 1.
The 2022 Spring Bulk item pickup will begin on Monday, March 14, for residents on the west side of Lewisville-Clemmons Road. Bulk item pickup for residents on the east side of Lewisville-Clemmons Road will begin the week of Monday, March 21.
Clemmons Farmers Market
• Several Farmers Market vendors are offering a winter preorder and pick-up service at village on Fridays and/or Sundays. Visit Clemmons.org/farmersmarket for more details.
• Clemmons Farmers Market is currently accepting applications for full time, part time and daily, farm, prepared foods/baked goods and craft vendors for the 2022 season. An informational session for the 2022 season will be held at 9 a.m. on Saturday, Feb. 12, at village hall in council chambers.
• Two culvert replacement projects are currently open for bids until Feb. 11.
• Staff will be completing drainage outfall inspections throughout the village as part of the N.C. Department of Environmental Quality’s NPDES Phase II permit throughout the months of January, February and March between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Activities may include visual observations, photography, creek walking and water quality sampling, primarily at drainage pipe outlets into ditches and water bodies. All stormwater personnel will be wearing reflective vests, driving marked vehicles and carrying identification.
Property tax relief
North Carolina offers three targeted tax relief programs: Elderly/Disabled Exclusion, Disabled Veteran’s Exclusion and Circuit Breaker. The deadline for submitting applications is June 1. More details are available at forsyth.cc.
Go to Clemmons.org for more details. Join the email list at tinyrul.com/clemmonsnews for news delivered to your inbox.