Upcoming events at the Clemmons Library
Published 12:00 am Thursday, July 14, 2022
• Fire Safety Tips: Meet the Clemmons Fire Department’s brave firefighters on Thursday, July 14, at 9:30 a.m. They will explain their equipment and discuss home fire safety.
• WFU Lam Museum of Anthropology — Kachina Dolls: On Wednesday, July 20 at 2:30 p.m. learn about the Hopi people of the Southwest and their kachina dolls. For children of all ages. Registration is required. To sign up, visit or call the library at 336-703-2920.
• WFU Lam Museum of Anthropology — African Tie-Dye: The Museum of Anthropology returns to the Clemmons Branch Library on Wednesday, July 27, at 2:30 p.m. with a presentation on Yoruba tie dyed adire cloth. Join in to learn about this tradition and to make your own tie dye design. For children of all ages. Registration is required. To sign up, visit or call the library at 336-703-2920.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Aug. 1, the club will discuss “Cloud Cuckoo Land” by Anthony Doerr.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On July 20, the theme will be historic “olde tyme” recipes.
• Fraud & Identity Theft: On Thursday, July 21, at 10 a.m. join us in the library as representatives from Summit Credit Union discuss the latest tricks and schemes used by crooks. To register, visit or call the library at 336-703-2920.
For more information on these and other programs, visit the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.