Upcoming events at the Clemmons Library
Published 12:00 am Thursday, August 4, 2022
• WFU Lam Museum of Anthropology — Hopi Spirits: The Museum of Anthropology returns to the Clemmons Branch Library on Wednesday, Aug. 10, at 2:30 p.m. with a presentation on the Hopi people of the Southwest. Join in to learn about Hopi kachina dolls and other artifacts from the museum. For youth of all ages. Registration is required. To sign up, visit or call the library at 336-703-2920.
• Storyteller Sharon Clarke: On Wednesday, Aug. 17, at 10:30 a.m. North Carolina storyteller Sharon Clarke will present her interactive musical program using a didgeridoo from Australia and drums from Kenya.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On Aug. 17, the theme will be salads and fresh fruits.
• Finding Civil War Ancestors: On Thursday, Aug. 18, at 10 a.m. learn from a genealogy expert how to find ancestors who fought during the Civil War.
To register, visit or call the Clemmons Branch Library at 336-703-2920.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Sept. 12, the club will discuss “The Madness of Crowds” by Louise Penny.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.