Upcoming events at the Clemmons Library
Published 12:00 am Thursday, August 11, 2022
• Storyteller Sharon Clarke: On Wednesday, Aug. 17, at 10:30 a.m., North Carolina storyteller Sharon Clarke will present her interactive musical program using a didgeridoo from Australia and drums from Kenya.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On Aug. 17, the theme will be salads and fresh fruits.
• Finding Civil War Ancestors: On Thursday, Aug. 18, at 10 a.m. learn from a genealogy expert how to find ancestors who fought during the Civil War. To register, visit or call the Clemmons Branch Library at 336-703-2920.
• Blood Drive: The Clemmons Branch Library and the American Red Cross will host a blood drive on Monday, Aug. 22, from 2-6:30 p.m. Please visit www.redcrossblood.org and use the sponsor code ClemmonsLibrary to make your appointment.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Sept. 12, the club will discuss “The Madness of Crowds” by Louise Penny.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.