Deaths for the week of Dec. 15
Published 1:20 pm Monday, December 12, 2022
Raymond Eglington Pearson
Raymond Eglington Pearson, 82, of Bermuda Village, passed away unexpectedly Monday, Dec. 5, 2022. He was born Jan. 27, 1940, in Brooklyn, N.Y., and raised in Groton, Connecticut. Pearson graduated from Lafayette College and received a master’s degree in business administration from the Warton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. After a 35-year career with Wachovia Bank, he retired. He is survived by his wife, Carol; son, James Pearson; daughter, Allyson Pearson Lowrey; and grandchildren, Pearce and Emerson Lowrey. A service was held at 2 p.m. Sunday, Dec. 11, 2022, at Clemmons United Methodist Church Columbarium. In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research, PO Box 5014 Hagerstown, MD 21741 or to the Salvation Army, 1255 N. Trade St. Winston-Salem, NC 27101. Online condolences may be made at www.hayworth-miller.com.
• Ms. Hilda Delores Gentry McKnight, 87, of Winston-Salem passed away at Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022.
• Jean Jacquelyn Juchatz, 88, of Winston-Salem passed away peacefully in her sleep Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022.
• Thomas Gordon Bailey of Advance arose to meet his tee time on God’s heavenly golf course on Dec. 6, 2022.
• Mr. Glenn David Bailey, 73, passed away at home on Dec. 5, 2022.
• Helen Pratt Thompson, 87, passed away on Monday, Dec. 5, 2022.
• Raymond Eglington Pearson, 82, of Bermuda Village passed away unexpectedly Monday, Dec. 5, 2022.
• Mr. Ernest T. Hall, Jr., 79, of Advance passed away suddenly Monday, Dec. 5, 2022.
• Edna Lee Stout Smith, 96, passed away on Sunday, Dec. 4, 2022, at Forsyth Medical Center.
• Thomas Richard Rasmussen, 75, passed away Dec. 2, 2022, at Forsyth Medical Center.
• Richard Donald Rierson, 93, departed his earthly life on Dec. 1, 2022.
• Virginia, “Ginny” (Hutchens) Honeycutt passed away Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022, at her home in Clemmons.
• Nicole Michelle Sweet, 52, of Clemmons passed away on Tuesday, Dec. 6, 2022.