Deaths for the week of Dec. 22
Published 11:59 pm Monday, December 19, 2022
Richard Bruce ‘Buzz’ Zarbock
Richard Bruce “Buzz” Zarbock, 70, is now resting after a long, successful, well fought battle with cancer. Born to Ruth and Richard Zarbock April 23, 1952, Buzz was an accomplished computer programmer and sports enthusiast. A prideful graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, he coined the phrase, “And may all your skies be Carolina Blue.”
With big blue eyes and a joyous smile, Buzz was the very definition of optimism. He lit up every room with his grin and he certainly never met a stranger. He was a dedicated husband and father and loved nothing more than to watch his grandchildren play.
Buzz is survived by his wife of 39 years Martha Zarbock, his sister Flora “Bow” Zarbock Murdock; children, Kathrine Dunn (Drew), Kristi Wright (James) and William Zarbock; grandchildren, Aden Wright, Averi Dunn, Phoenix Zarbock, Landen Wright and Nolan Dunn.
A celebration of life ceremony will be held from 2-4 p.m. Jan. 7, 2023, at REVO Church, 3830 Wayne Ave. in Winston-Salem. In honor of Buzz, please wear casual attire with Carolina blue colors. The family requests that donations be made to Lung Cancer Research or Jimmy V Foundation in lieu of flowers.
• • •
• Ms. Louise Etchison, 93, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2022, at the Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home.
• Mrs. Georgia Annette Reynolds Smith, 75, of Advance, passed away Tuesday, Dec. 13, 2022, at the Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home.
• Jane Cottrell Henson, 69, passed away peacefully Sunday, Dec. 11, 2022, at Forsyth Medical Center, surrounded by family.
• Ms. Zella Ruth Houck Norris, 90, of Winston-Salem passed away Thursday, Dec. 8, 2022.
• Thomas “Taylor” Fain, 87, of Clemmons went to be with his Lord and savior on Dec. 14, 2022.