Clemmons Library events for the week of Jan. 5
Published 12:00 am Thursday, January 5, 2023
All Forsyth County Public Library locations will be closed on Jan. 16.
• Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts in the story time room. Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. for toddlers (ages 18 months – 3 years), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. for preschoolers (ages 3-5 years).
• Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time as craft time begins at 11:30 a.m.
• Chess Club: Grade school students, tweens, teens and their families are invited to play chess once a month at the library. Learn new strategies, face worthy opponents and participate in tournaments. The next meeting will be on Jan. 17 at 4 p.m.
• Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
• Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. Upcoming sessions will be on Jan. 11 and Jan. 25 at 5 p.m.
• Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the story time room.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Jan. 9, the club will discuss “We Begin at the End” by Chris Whitaker.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On Jan. 18, the club will prepare soups and stews.
• Steps to Become a Freelance Writer: On Wednesday, Jan. 18, at 2 p.m. the Clemmons Branch Library will host a seminar on how to becoming a freelance writer. Author Carol Stratton will cover the skills needed and resources available to help you become a published writer. To sign up, visit or call the Clemmons Branch Library at 336-703-2920.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.