Clemmons Library events for the week of Jan. 12
Published 12:00 am Thursday, January 12, 2023
All Forsyth County Public Library locations will be closed on Jan. 16.
• Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts in the story time room. Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. for toddlers (ages 18 months – 3 years), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. for preschoolers (ages 3-5 years).
• Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
• Chess Club: Grade school students, tweens, teens and their families are invited to play chess once a month at the library. Learn new strategies, face worthy opponents and participate in tournaments. The next meeting will be on Jan. 17 at 4 p.m.
• Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
• Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on Jan. 25 at 5 p.m.
• Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the story time room.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On Jan. 18, the club will prepare soups and stews.
• Steps to Become a Freelance Writer: On Wednesday, Jan. 18, at 2 p.m. the Clemmons Branch Library will host a seminar on how to becoming a freelance writer. Author Carol Stratton will cover the skills needed and resources available to help you become a published writer. To sign up, visit or call the Clemmons Branch Library at 336-703-2920.
• Advance Care Planning Workshop: The Clemmons Branch Library is holding an advance care planning workshop on the Living Will and Healthcare Power of Attorney on Jan. 25 at 1 p.m. Each attendee will receive a copy of the documents explained in the workshop. To register, visit or call the Clemmons Branch Library at 336-703-2920. Presented by Trellis Supportive Care.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Feb. 6, the club will discuss “Great Circle” by Maggie Shipstead.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.