Clemmons Library events for the week of Jan. 19
Published 12:00 am Thursday, January 19, 2023
• Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts in the story time room! Tuesdays at 10:30 a.m. for toddlers (ages 18 months – 3 years), Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. for preschoolers (ages 3-5 years).
• Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
• Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies! Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
• Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft, and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on Jan. 25 at 5 p.m.
• Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the story time room.
• Advance Care Planning Workshop: The Clemmons Branch Library is holding an advance care planning workshop on the Living Will & Healthcare Power of Attorney on Jan. 25 at 1 p.m. Each attendee will receive a copy of the documents explained in the workshop. To register, visit or call the Clemmons Branch Library at 336-703-2920. Presented by Trellis Supportive Care.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Feb. 6, the club will discuss “Great Circle” by Maggie Shipstead.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On Feb. 15, the club will prepare heart healthy cuisine.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.