AARP Tax Aide providing free income tax filings at Clemmons Library
Published 12:00 am Thursday, January 26, 2023
AARP Tax Aide will again provide free personal income tax return preparation and e-filing for personal federal and state income tax returns beginning Feb. 1.
Everyone is welcome regardless of age or income. Some complicated returns might be beyond the scope of the program, but people are seldom turned away. Clients do not need to be a member of AARP.
Here are the steps that need to be followed to schedule an appointment.
1. Obtain a tax packet from one of the library branches listed below (or go to www.wstaxaide.com and print the forms).
2. Follow the instructions in the tax packet, including scheduling an appointment (or call 336-777-6189).
3. Appointments take place on the days listed below from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at one of the following library branches:
• Monday and Tuesday at Reynolda Manor Branch, 2839 Fairlawn Dr., Winston-Salem
• Wednesday at Clemmons Branch, 6365 James St., Clemmons
• Thursday and Friday at Southside Branch, 3155 Buchanan St., Winston-Salem
4. Walk-ins will be accommodated if possible. Be present by noon at the very latest. To speed up the process, obtain the tax packet above, follow the instructions, and bring the tax packet and all tax documents to the library. Both spouses must be present if filing jointly.
5. AARP Tax Aide prefers, but does not require, that the taxpayer has an email account.
Please do not call the libraries with questions or requests for appointments.