Clemmons Library events for the week of Feb. 2
Published 12:00 am Thursday, February 2, 2023
• Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time as the group will make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
• Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
• Tinker Tuesday: On the first Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m., make creations out of Legos, K’nex, Lincoln Logs and Marble Maze materials. All ages welcome. The next session will be on Feb. 7.
• Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on Feb. 8 at 5 p.m.
• Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the story time room.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Feb. 6, the club will discuss “Great Circle” by Maggie Shipstead.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On Feb. 15, the club will prepare heart healthy cuisine.
• Red Cross Blood Drive: The Clemmons Branch Library and the American Red Cross will host a blood drive on Tuesday, Feb. 14, from 2-6:30 p.m. Go to www.redcrossblood.org and use the sponsor code ClemmonsLibrary to make an appointment.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.