Clemmons Library events for the week of Feb. 16
Published 12:00 am Thursday, February 16, 2023
• Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
• Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
• Chess Club: Grade school students, tweens, teens and their families are invited to play chess once a month at the library. Learn new strategies, face worthy opponents and participate in tournaments. The next meeting will be on Feb. 21 at 4 p.m.
• Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on Feb. 22 at 5 p.m.
• Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the story time room.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On March 6, the club will discuss “The Last House on the Street” by Diane Chamberlain.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. In honor of St. Patrick’s Day, on March 15 the club will prepare Irish cuisine or something green.
• Job Fair: The Piedmont Triad Regional Council Job and Resources Fair will be held in the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium on Thursday, Feb. 16, from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m.
• Triad Americana Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. — Join in at the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on Feb. 21.
• Muddy River Art Association Art Exhibit: Stop into the auditorium during library hours to view local artwork presented by the Muddy River Art Association. The exhibit will run through March 31.
• Listening Session: The Forsyth County Public Library is hosting listening sessions at each branch location to get a chance to hear from the community. On Tuesday, Feb. 21, at 2 p.m. come to the Clemmons Branch Library to share your ideas about the library.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.