Village Briefing for the week of March 9
Published 12:00 am Thursday, March 9, 2023
• Enjoy Shamrock Shenanigans on the Village Point Greenway from now until St. Patrick’s Day. Find all the leprechauns and then stop by village hall for a treat.
• Clemmons Creek Week Cleanup will be held on Saturday, March 18 from 9AM – Noon. Email email@example.com to register and for more info.
• Family Fishing Fun will be held from 2-5 p.m. on Sunday, March 19, at Village Point Lake. Join in for an array of activities, ranging from crafts to fish identification and of course, fishing. Fishing license requirement has been waived for duration of event. Parking available at Morgan Elementary School.
• The spring Medicine Drop will be held on Monday, March 20, at the Clemmons Fire Department from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Please remain in your vehicle. This will be a drive-thru service. Only pills can be accepted. Liquids, needles and inhalants will not be accepted. This is for households only.
• Coffee with a Cop will be held from 9-10 a.m. on Tuesday, March 21, at Be Kind Coffee.
• The Village of Clemmons is offering shoreline garden kits for streambanks. Kits will include instructions, seeds and plugs of vegetation to plant along streambanks. Kits will be available by appointment only for pickup Wednesday, March 22, and Thursday, March 23, in Clemmons. Register online at https://tinyurl.com/94um7k6n
The Village of Clemmons currently has job opportunities available. Find out more at clemmons.org/jobs. Current openings include public works facilities & landscape technician, equipment operator and stormwater technician I.
The Village of Clemmons is hosting a job fair on Saturday, March 18, from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Public Works Facility. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Clemmons Farmers Market
Several vendors are offering off season preorders and weekend pickup at Village Hall. Go to clemmons.org/preorders for more info.
The regularly scheduled council meeting will be held at 6 p.m. Monday, March 13, in council chambers.
The regularly scheduled planning board will be held at 6 p.m. Tuesday, March 21, in council chambers.
Limb collection resumes in March. Limbs should be placed on the edge of your yard by 7 a.m. on Monday morning of the following schedule between March and November.
East of Lewisville-Clemmons Road and Middlebrook Drive (Winston-Salem side) — second full week of the month (March 6)
West of Lewisville-Clemmons Road and Middlebrook Drive (Tanglewood side) — first full week of the month (March 13)
The 2023 Spring Bulk Item Pickup will begin on Monday, March 20, for residents on the west side of Lewisville-Clemmons Road. Bulk item pickup for residents on the east side of Lewisville-Clemmons Road will begin the week of Monday, March 27.
To assist with additional waste, recycling and cardboard, Clemmons’ residents are invited to bring their excess to the Public Works facility between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday (except holidays).
When available, mulch can be loaded at 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday thru Friday — please note mulch is only loaded at these times and not throughout the day. Mulch is not available on rainy days. All trucks and trailers must have side walls and be covered (example: with a tarp) before leaving the yard. For mulch availability, call Public Works at 336-766-9170. These services are limited to Village of Clemmons residents, and you may be asked to show ID.
Leaf collection is complete for the 2022-2023 season. There will be no additional leaf collections until leaf pickup resumes in October.
Staff will be completing drainage outfall inspections throughout the Village of Clemmons as part of the N.C. Department of Environmental Quality’s NPDES Phase II permit throughout the months of December-March during the hours of 8 a.m.-5 p.m. (weather pending). Activities may include visual observations, photography, creek walking and water quality sampling, primarily at drainage pipe outlets into ditches and water bodies. All stormwater personnel will be wearing reflective vests, driving marked vehicles and carrying identification.