Clemmons Library events for the week of March 23
Published 12:00 am Thursday, March 23, 2023
• Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time as the group makes a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
• Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
• Tinker Tuesday: On the first Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m., make creations out of Legos, K’nex, Lincoln Logs and Marble Maze materials. All ages welcome. The next session will be on April 4.
• Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on April 5 at 5 p.m.
• Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the story time room.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On April 3, the club will discuss “The Maid” by Nita Prose.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On April 19, the club will prepare easy, stress-free favorites.
• Board Game Mania: Are you an adult who enjoys playing board games? If so, there is a spot for you in the Board Game Mania program. Adults who love board games are invited to gather in the library conference room to enjoy playing various board games on Tuesdays each week from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
• Triad Americana Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. — Join in at the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on April 10.
• Muddy River Art Association Art Exhibit: Stop into the auditorium during library hours to view local artwork presented by the Muddy River Art Association. The exhibit will run through March 31.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James Street in Clemmons.