Clemmons Library events for the week of April 6
Published 12:00 am Thursday, April 6, 2023
• Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time as the group makes a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
• Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
• Chess Club: Grade school students, tweens, teens and their families are invited to play chess once a month at the library. Learn new strategies, face worthy opponents and participate in tournaments. The next meeting will be on April 18 at 4 p.m.
• Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft, and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on April 19 at 5 p.m.
• Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 6 p.m. in the story time room.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On May 1, the club will discuss “Home Front” by Kristin Hannah.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. — Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. On April 19, the club will prepare easy, stress-free favorites.
• Triad Americana Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. Join in at the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on April 10.
• Red Cross Blood Drive: The Clemmons Branch Library and the American Red Cross will host a blood drive on Thursday, April 20, from 2-6:30 p.m. Go to www.redcrossblood.org and use the sponsor code ClemmonsLibrary to make an appointment.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.