Deaths for the week of May 4
Published 9:05 pm Monday, May 1, 2023
Sara Phelps Holder
Mrs. Sara Phelps Holder, 90, of Clemmons passed away Friday, April 28, 2023. She was born Jan. 13, 1933, in Forsyth County to the late Earl Erasmus Phelps and Flossie Hoffman Phelps. Holder was a life-long resident of Clemmons and a member of Clemmons Moravian Church since 1957. She is preceded in death by her husband, Jack LeRoy Holder. Surviving is her son, Alan Holder (Judith); grandchildren, Alexander Holder (Kristi) and Meredith Holder McSherry (Kirby); and great-granddaughter, McKenzie Holder. She is survived by one sister Mae Phelps Woosley (George) and niece and nephew, Amanda Kimbrell (Mike) and Jonathan Woosley (Miranda). A graveside service were conducted at 2 p.m. Sunday, April 30, 2023, at Clemmons Moravian Church Graveyard by Rev. Christopher C. Thore. The family received friends following the service.
Charles Powell Thacker
Mr. Charles Powell Thacker, 88, passed away Thursday, April 20, 2023. He was born Sept. 24, 1934, in Charlotte to the late William Franklin Thacker and Della Powell Thacker. He is survived by his wife, Sue Davis Thacker; daughter, Elizabeth Thacker Koenig (Mark); and granddaughters, Taylor, Lindsay and MacKenzie. Visitation will be held at 1 p.m. Sunday, May 7, 2023, at Clemmons United Methodist Church followed by a memorial service at 2 p.m. by Rev. John Fitzgerald. In lieu of flowers memorials may be made to Clemmons United Methodist Church, P.O. Box 829, Clemmons, NC 27012. Online condolences may be made at www.hayworth-miller.com.
• • •
• Dorothy R. Harlan, 92, passed away on Sunday, April 30, 2023, at Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home.
• Mr. Manuel Luna Montellano, 46, passed away unexpectedly Wednesday, April 26, 2023.
• Robert “Bob” Fred Corirossi, 91, of Clemmons passed away on April 23, 2023, at Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home.
• Mrs. Marilyn Joyce Sowers Boles, 80, passed away Sunday April 23, 2023, at Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home.
• Francis Allen (Yank) Yancey, 95, went home to be with the Lord on April 21, 2023.
• Mr. Roger Lee Mozingo, 84, passed away peacefully with his family by his side on Thursday, April 20, 2023, at Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home.
• Doris Jane Smith Conrad, 93, took her place in heaven April 19, 2023, after an extended illness.
• Mr. Edward Lawrence Turner, 77, passed away Wednesday, April 19, 2023.
• Ms. Sandra Kay Marshall Cothren, 79, passed away Tuesday, April 18, 2023, at Mountain Valley Hospice.
• Mrs. Sara Phelps Holder, 90, of Clemmons passed away Friday, April 28, 2023.
• Diane Landreth Jarvis, 76, passed away Friday, April 28, 2023.
• Mr. Richard Kyle Stimson, 70, of Lewisville passed away Monday, April 17, 2023.
• Doris “Joyce” Kohfeldt, 81, went to be with her Lord and Savior on April 19, 2023.
• Ella Louise Morrison, 90, of Clemmons passed away on Sunday, April 30, 2023.
• Phyllis Florence Brant, 82, passed away on Thursday, April 27, 2023.