Clemmons Library events for the week of May 11
Published 12:00 am Thursday, May 11, 2023
• Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
• Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time as the group makes a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
• Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
• Board Games for Kids: Grade school students, tweens, teens and their families are invited to play chess and other board games once a month at the library. The next session will be on Tuesday, May 23, at 4 p.m.
• Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on May 24 at 4 p.m.
• Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. in the story time room.
• Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. — Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On June 5, the club will discuss “A Man Called Ove” by Fredrik Backman.
• Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. The next meeting will be on May 17.
• Understanding Your Credit Score: On Thursday, May 11, at 10 a.m. discover how credit scores are determined, how to raise your credit score and how to avoid common mistakes that lower your score. To register, visit or call the Clemmons Branch Library at 336-703-2920. Presented by Summit Credit Union.
• Triad Americana Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. Join in at the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on May 22.
For more information on these and other programs, go to the library website at www.forsyth.cc/library/clemmons or call 336-703-2920. The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.