Clemmons Library events for the week of June 22
Published 12:00 am Thursday, June 22, 2023
- Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
- Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
- Board Games for Kids: Grade school students, tweens, teens and their families are invited to play chess and other board games once a month at the library. The next session will be on Tuesday at 4 p.m.
- Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft, and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on Wednesday at 4 p.m.
- Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. in the story time room.
- STEAM for Kids: Join in as the N.C. Cooperative Extension office hosts a STEAM workshop for kids ages 5-11 on Friday at 3:30 p.m.
- Fire Safety: On Wednesday, at 1:30 p.m., the Clemmons Fire Department will stop by the library with a fire truck to show and explain their equipment and discuss fire safety.
- Creating Family Memory Books: Take a new approach to documenting family history by learning how to create a family memory book, such as baby books, genealogical research, family line history or even an online blog. The class will be today at 10 a.m. To register, visit or call the library at 336-703-2920.
- Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On July 3, the club will discuss “Demon Copperhead” by Barbara Kingsolver.
- Triad Americana Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. Join in at the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on June 26.
- Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. The next meeting will be on July 19.
The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.