Clemmons Library events for the week of July 6
Published 12:00 am Thursday, July 6, 2023
- Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
- Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
- Tinker Tuesday: On the first Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m., make creations out of Legos, K’nex, Lincoln Logs and Marble Maze materials. All ages welcome. The next session will be on July 11.
- Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on July 12 at 4 p.m.
- Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. in the story time room.
- Songs, Folk Music, and Storytelling: Music man John Sundell will bring his unique style to the Clemmons Branch Library on Monday, July 10, at 3 p.m.
- Museum of Anthropology: On Wednesday, July 12, at 2 p.m. the Museum of Anthropology will visit the Clemmons Branch Library to present on the culture and traditions of India. There will be a reading of the story Monkey: A Trickster Tale from India, and children will create their own puppets.
- Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Aug. 7, the club will discuss “Lessons in Chemistry” by Bonnie Garmus.
- Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. The next meeting will be on July 19.
- Triad Americana Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. Join in at the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on July 10.
- Steps to Becoming a Freelance Writer: On Monday, July 17, at 2 p.m. the Clemmons Branch Library will host a seminar on how to become a freelance writer. Author Carol Stratton will cover the skills needed and resources available to help you become a published writer. To sign up, visit or call the Clemmons Branch Library at 336-703-2920.
The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.