Clemmons Library events for the week of July 20
Published 12:00 am Thursday, July 20, 2023
- Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
- Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
- Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on July 26 at 4 p.m.
- Family Movie Night: Enjoy a family friendly movie every Wednesday at 5:30 p.m. in the story time room.
- Board Games for Kids: Grade-school students, tweens, teens and their families are invited to play chess and other board games once a month at the library. The next session will be on Tuesday at 4 p.m.
- STEAM for Kids: Join in as the N.C. Cooperative Extension office hosts a STEAM workshop for kids ages 5-11 on July 28 at 3:30 p.m.
- North Carolina Aquarium: The aquarium will visit the library on Aug. 1 at 11 a.m. to present a program on fish and their environments.
- Theatre Games: Play interactive games with the Little Theatre of Winston-Salem on Aug. 1 at 2 p.m. for ages 6-11 and at 4 p.m. for ages 12-18.
- Intro to Improv for Teens: On Aug. 2 at 3 p.m., the Little Theatre of Winston-Salem will present a workshop on the basics of improvisation. Ages 12-18.
- Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Aug. 7, the club will discuss “Lessons in Chemistry” by Bonnie Garmus.
- Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. The next meeting will be on Aug. 16 and will feature cuisine from around the world.
- Triad Americana Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. – Join us in the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on Monday.
- Fruit Smoothie Demonstration: Chef Floyd Davis will be at the library Thursday (July 20) at 11 a.m. to demonstrate how to properly make a fruit smoothie. Samples will be provided.
The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.