Clemmons Library events for the week of Aug. 17
Published 12:00 am Thursday, August 17, 2023
- There will be no story times or other programs for children during the week of Aug. 14. They will return on Aug. 21.
- Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
- Music and Movement: Guests are invited for dancing, singing and shaking out the sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
- Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Join in at the library auditorium for a group book discussion each month. On Sept. 11, the club will discuss “World of Curiosites” by Louise Penny.
- Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. The next meeting will be on Aug. 16 and will feature cuisine from around the world.
- Triad Americana Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. Join in at the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on Aug. 28.
- Red Cross Blood Drive: The Clemmons Branch Library will host the American Red Cross Bus for a blood drive on Monday, August 21 from 2-6:30 p.m. Visit www.redcrossblood.org and use the sponsor code ClemmonsLibrary to
make an appointment.
The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.