Deaths for the week of Sept. 21
Published 12:00 am Thursday, September 21, 2023
Francis Patrick ‘Pat’ Fox
Francis Patrick “Pat” Fox, 79, of Clemmons passed away Sept. 13, 2023.
Pat was born on Oct. 22, 1943, to the late Vincent and Alice Fox of Buffalo, N.Y. He received an associate’s degree from Erie County Community College and went on to become a vice president of service systems. He was transferred to N.C. where he later become vice president at Budd Services.
He married his high school sweetheart, Joette Deveso Fox, in 1964. His biggest love was always his family. Pat spent his retirement time golfing and often could be found tending to his garden or cheering for the Buffalo Bills. Pat was a member of Holy Family Catholic Church and the Knights of Columbus.
He leaves behind his loving wife of 59 years, Joette Deveso Fox, sons Timothy Fox (Tina), Christopher Fox (Michele) and daughter Tiffany Smeeton (Patrick); adored grandchildren, Alexandra Adams (Dylan), Patrick Fox (Regina), Elena Fox, Rachel Fitch (Cameron), Lindsey Ferguson (Allen), Madison and Ally Smeeton; great-grandchildren Owen and Oaklyn Farrimond, Paxton Adams; and his sweet dog, Bella. He is survived by his siblings, Paul Fox (Marybeth), Deby Fox Hahn, Walter “Russ” Fox (Patricia) along with many nieces, nephews and special friends. Thank you to all his healthcare providers who took such great care of him.
In lieu of flowers donations can be made to the American Heart Association.
The funeral will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday, Sept. 23, 2023, at Holy Family Catholic Church in Clemmons. There will be a reception luncheon afterward at the church.
• • •
• Lula Mae “Tootsie” Cave, 87, passed away Sept. 17, 2023, peacefully at Bermuda Commons to be united with her Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
• Bonnie Crews Dudley, 78, of Winston-Salem lost her long and courageous battle with cancer at the Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home on Sept. 17, 2023.
• Mr. James “Jim” Andrew Day, 75, of Clemmons passed away on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023.
• Bonnie Jean Kimel Spach, 78, of Winston-Salem passed away peacefully on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023, at her home.
• Jeffrey Scott Newsome, 54, of Winston-Salem, NC went to be with the Lord on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023, at Donnie’s Compassionate Family Care Home.
• Mr. John Henry McPherson Sr., 99, passed away Friday, Sept. 15, 2023.
• Mildred Brawley Hoots, 96, of Winston-Salem, passed away on Thursday, Sept. 14, 2023.
• Dorothy Mae Everhart Temples, 86, passed into the more immediate presence of her Lord and Savior in the early morning hours of Sept. 12, 2023.
• Betty L. Rierson, 89, passed away peacefully at Trellis Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Monday Sept. 11, 2023.
• Donald Andrew “Andy” Fishel, 54, died at his home Sept. 10, 2023.
• Mrs. Stella Thalassinos Mathes, 96, fell asleep in the Lord on Sunday, Sept. 10, 2023, at her residence.
• Mrs. Martha Walls Adair, 89, passed away Monday, Sept. 11, 2023.
• Ernest “Ernie” Price, born Dec. 21, 1930, peacefully passed away on Aug. 8, 2023.
• Karen Elaine (Tittsworth) Wilson, 63, made her earthly departure suddenly on Sept. 14, 2023, at her home in Pfafftown.
• Elizabeth Lindsay Wright, 80, of Clemmons passed away on Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023.