Clemmons Library events for the week of Sept. 28
Published 12:00 am Thursday, September 28, 2023
- Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
- Music and Movement: Guests are invited for dancing, singing and shaking out the sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
- Tinker Tuesday: On the first Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m., make creations out of Legos, K’nex, Lincoln Logs and Marble Maze materials. All ages welcome. The next session will be on Oct. 3.
- Pokemon Club: Join in on the first and third Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m. to learn about and play Pokemon games. Cards will be provided or guests can bring their own. For ages grade school through teens. The next meeting will be on Oct. 4.
- Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft, and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on Sept. 27 at 4 p.m.
- Genealogy 101: On Thursday, Sept. 28, at 10 a.m. learn how to explore your roots, investigate family ties or just learn a little bit more about your heritage by using library resources such as Ancestry.com to conduct genealogy research. To register, visit or call the library at 336-703-2920.
- Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. join in for a group book discussion each month. On Oct. 2, the club will discuss “Take my Hand” by Dolen Perkins-Valdez.
- Bluegrass Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. Join in with others the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on Oct. 9.
- Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. The next meeting will be on Oct. 18.
The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.