Clemmons Library events for the week of Oct. 19
Published 12:00 am Thursday, October 19, 2023
- Story times: Join in for great books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
- Music and Movement: Guests are invited for dancing, singing and shaking out the sillies. Takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
- Chess Club: Grade school students, tweens, teens and their families are invited to play chess and other board games once a month at the library. The next session will be on Oct. 24 at 4 p.m.
- Celebration Wednesdays: Learn about obscure holidays, make a craft, and bring a phone or tablet to compete in interactive games. The next session will be on Oct. 25 at 4 p.m.
- Pokemon Club: Join in on the first and third Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m. to learn about and play Pokemon games. Cards will be provided or guests can bring their own. For ages grade school through teens. The next meeting will be on Nov. 1.
- Bluegrass Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. Join in with others the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on Oct. 23.
- House History: Ever wondered when a house was built and who used to live there? Join in for a presentation on house history at the Clemmons Branch Library on Thursday, Oct. 26, at 10 a.m. to learn how to research historical information about houses.
- Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. join in for a group book discussion each month. On Nov. 6, the club will discuss “The Cloisters” by Katy Hays.
- Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library and a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. The next meeting will be on Nov. 15 and will feature easy side dishes.
The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St. in Clemmons.