Village briefings for Oct. 19
Published 12:00 am Thursday, October 19, 2023
• Monster Dash and Goblin Hop: The Village of Clemmons is inviting businesses or organizations to be a part of the 2023 event, scheduled for Oct. 22 (rain date: Oct. 29). Host a table around the greenway while kids dressed in Halloween Costumes walk the greenway to trick or treat and complete the Goblin Hop. All details can be found at Clemmons.org/monster or email email@example.com
• Farmers Market Holiday Pop Up: The Clemmons Farmers Market will host a pop-up event on Sunday, Nov. 19, from 2-5 p.m. at the Jerry Long Family YMCA, located at 1150 South Peace Haven Road.
• Annual Village Tree Lighting: The Village of Clemmons’ annual tree lighting event will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 28. The festivities will start at 5:30 p.m. with the tree lighting taking place at 6:30 p.m. Rain date is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 30.
The Village of Clemmons currently has job opportunities available. Find out more at clemmons.org/jobs. Current openings include public works facilities and landscape technicians and planning technician.
The regularly-scheduled council meeting will be held on Oct. 23 at 6 p.m. in council chambers, located at 3715 Clemmons Road.
The regularly-scheduled planning board meeting will be held on Oct. 17 in Council Chambers, located at 3715 Clemmons Road.
One-stop early voting is available for those who are registered in Forsyth County to vote at the Board of Elections office (201 N. Chestnut Street, Winston-Salem) with the following schedule:
• Oct. 19-20 : 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Oct. 23-27: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Oct. 30-Nov. 3: 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
• Nov. 4: 8 a.m.-3 p.m.
Leaf Collection has begun in the Village of Clemmons (weather permitting). The Village will post a brief update each Monday at clemmons.org/leaves. It is not possible to specify an exact day of the week for pickup due to volume and weather. Trucks will be running continuously throughout the Village. Leaf collection will continue until the volume dissipates. Further communication on an end date will be distributed.