Deaths for the week of Nov. 9
Published 12:00 am Thursday, November 9, 2023
Della Posey Craver
Della Posey Craver, 95, of Clemmons, passed away Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023.
Della was a lifelong native of Forsyth County, born in Winston-Salem and living most of her life in Clemmons.
Della worked for over 20 years at Kraft before retiring. She was a lifetime member of the Lady’s Auxiliary at VFW Post 9010 in Clemmons, serving as Chaplain. She rarely missed a meeting up into her 90s. Della was a member of New Vision Baptist Worship Center in Clemmons.
Della graduated from Rural Hall School in 1946.
She and Ralph Craver married Oct. 20, 1951, and enjoyed 51 years of marriage.
Della was a vital part of her church community and VFW Post, but her greatest contribution was the love of her family. She was a devoted wife, loving mother and sister, as well as a doting grandmother, who loved spoiling her granddaughters. She and Ralph enjoyed yearly ship reunions with Ralph’s Naval shipmates, traveling to destinations all over the country. Della was well known for her famous canned green beans, that were always requested at family gatherings. She canned as many as a 100 quarts in a season. Della never met a stranger and made friends easily.
Della is survived by her sons, Mike Craver of Clemmons, Richard Craver (Erin James) of Clemmons, her sister Phyllis Walker of Charlotte, and her “beautiful” sister Linda Strickland (Jim) of Concord, brother Grady Posey (Delilah) of Advance, granddaughters Lydia Tissue (Chad) of Lewisville, Ashley Huber (Daniel) of Winston-Salem and many beloved nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Ralph Craver, parents Stella and George Posey, brothers Sonny Posey and Larry Posey.
A private family funeral will be held on Friday, Nov. 10, 2023. A celebration of life will be held from 1-3:30 p.m. on Nov. 18, 2023, at the VWF Post 9010 in Clemmons
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to Trellis Supportive Care Foundation, 101 Hospice Lane, Winston-Salem, NC 27103 or New Vision Baptist Worship Center 4765 Hampton Road, Clemmons, NC 27012. Online condolences may be made at www.hayworth-miller.com
• • •
• Larry Owen Peterson, 83, passed away from multiple myeloma at Forsyth Medical Center on Sunday, Oct. 29, 2023.
• Larry “Wayne” Hauser, 81, passed away on Saturday, Nov. 4, 2023, at Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home.
• Thomas (Tommy) A Riggs, 91, passed away peacefully on Thursday, Nov. 2, 2023, at his home.
• Dr. Hal Phillips Cockerham entered The Church Triumphant on Nov. 1, 2023.
• James “Jim” Lee Brewer, 89, passed away Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2023.
• Mrs. Lola Jean Proctor Brown, 88, passed away Monday, Oct. 30, 2023, at Davie Nursing and Rehabilitation Center in Mocksville.
• Patricia Wooldridge Toole, 92, died peacefully on Oct. 29, 2023.
• Tommye Cartner Campbell, 89, has gone to be with the Lord. She passed away peacefully during the night of Sunday, Oct. 29, 2023.
• Mr. Gilbert Hassel Sheets passed away at his home on Oct. 29, 2023.
• Carolyn Yvonne Stewart Snyder, 76, passed away peacefully on Sunday, October 29, 2023, at Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home.
• Mr. Gary F. Yarbrough, 74, of Mocksville passed away on Sunday, Oct. 29, 2023, at Kate B. Reynolds Hospice Home.
• Shirley Jones Henry, 94, passed away due to failing health on Tuesday, Oct. 31, 2023.
• Faythe Parks Landreth, 96, passed away peacefully on Oct. 30, 2023, at her daughter’s home in Raleigh.
• Ronald H. Small, 81, of Bermuda Run passed away Sunday, Oct. 29, 2023.
• James Woffard Rochester, 79, passed away on Oct. 29, 2023.
• Roger Robert Boucher, 74, of Clemmons passed away on Friday, Nov. 3, 2023.