Last limb pick up for 2023
Published 12:00 am Thursday, November 9, 2023
CLEMMONS — November is the last limb pick-up until March 2024. The west side pick up wraps up this week. The east side pick-up is scheduled for Nov. 13-17.
Pickups occur during the scheduled week. It is not possible to specify an exact day of the week for pickup.
Requirements and placement
- Limbs must not exceed 6 inches in diameter and 16 feet in length.
- Limbs should be big enough to be collected with a pitchfork — no twig piles.
- Limbs should be stacked neatly in one pile with all limbs facing the same direction.
- Limb piles should be placed in an accessible area at the edge of the yard — not under wires, low-hanging branches, or blocked by vehicles.
- Shrubbery trimmings can be placed on top of limb piles.
- Do not place dirt, mulch, roots, rotten wood, rocks, metal, trash or building materials in limb piles.
Limb piles that cannot be collected by the village
- Commercially cut limbs.
- Limbs that do not meet the size requirements.
- Limbs mixed with other materials, i.e. dirt, rocks, trash, building materials.
- Limbs improperly placed or placed in inaccessible areas.