Village Briefings for the week of Nov. 16
Published 12:00 am Thursday, November 16, 2023
- The Clemmons Farmers Market Holiday Pop Up will be Sunday, Nov. 19, 2-5 p.m. at the Jerry Long Family YMCA located at 1150 South Peace Haven Road.
- The Village of Clemmons Neighborhood Christmas Lights Contest is back. Decorate the outside of your home, business or organization to “Light up the Village” and show off your Clemmons Christmas spirit. Find out all of the details at clemmons.org/lights.
- The annual Village Tree Lighting will take place on Tuesday, Nov. 28. The festivities will start at 5:30 p.m. with the tree lighting taking place at 6:30 p.m. Rain date is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 30.
- The Village of Clemmons currently has job opportunities available. Find out more at clemmons.org/jobs. Current openings include public works facilities & landscape technicians and planning technician.
- The regularly scheduled council meeting will be held on Nov. 27 at 6 p.m. in the council chambers of village hall, located at 3715 Clemmons Road, Clemmons.
- The regularly scheduled planning board meeting will be held on Nov. 21 at 6 p.m. in the Council Chambers of Village Hall, located at 3715 Clemmons Road, Clemmons.
- Leaf collection has begun in the village of Clemmons (weather permitting). A brief update will be posted each Monday at clemmons.org/leaves. It is not possible to specify an exact day of the week for pickup due to volume and weather. Trucks will be running continuously throughout the Village. Leaf collection will continue until the volume dissipates. Further communication on an end date will be distributed.
- To assist with additional waste, recycling, and cardboard, Clemmons’ citizens are invited to bring their excess to the Public Works facility between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays).