Village Briefings for the week of Nov. 30
Published 12:00 am Thursday, November 30, 2023
- The Village of Clemmons Neighborhood Christmas Lights Contest is back. Decorate the outside of your home, business or organization to “Light up the Village” and show off your Clemmons Christmas spirit. Find out all of the details at clemmons.org/lights.
- Get on board: The Clemmons Christmas Express is taking place from Nov. 19 – Dec. 10. Visit participating stores and get a ticket stamped. No purchase necessary. Submit completed ticket by Dec. 13. All completed tickets are eligible for the grand prize drawings. Completed tickets should be submitted to the Lewisville-Clemmons Chamber, 3540 Clemmons Road Suite 112, or the Village Hall kiosk, 3715 Clemmons Road.
- The regularly scheduled council meeting will be held on Dec. 11 at 6 p.m. in the council chambers of village hall, located at 3715 Clemmons Road, Clemmons.
The regularly scheduled planning board meeting will be held on Dec. 19 at 6 p.m. in the council chambers of village hall, located at 3715 Clemmons Road, Clemmons.
- Leaf collection has begun in the village of Clemmons (weather permitting). A brief update will be posted each Monday at clemmons.org/leaves. It is not possible to specify an exact day of the week for pickup due to volume and weather. Trucks will be running continuously throughout the village. Leaf collection will continue until the volume dissipates. Further communication on an end date will be distributed.
- When available, mulch can be loaded at 7 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday thru Friday – please note mulch is only loaded at these times and not throughout the day. Mulch is not available on rainy days. All trucks and trailers must have side walls and be covered (example: with a tarp) before leaving the yard. For mulch availability call Public Works at 336-766-9170. These services are limited to Village of Clemmons residents, and you may be asked to show ID. To assist with additional waste, recycling, and cardboard, Clemmons’ citizens are invited to bring their excess to the Public Works facility between the hours of 7 a.m. and 5:30 p.m. Monday through Friday (except holidays).
Staff will be completing drainage outfall inspections throughout the Village of Clemmons as part of the NC Department of Environmental Quality’s NPDES Phase II permit throughout the months of December – March 2024 during the hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (weather depending). Activities may include visual observations, photography, creek walking and water quality sampling, primarily at drainage pipe outlets into ditches and water bodies. All Stormwater personnel will be wearing reflective vests, driving marked vehicles and carrying identification.