Clemmons opens registration for this year’s annual ‘Light up the Village’ contest
Published 12:00 am Thursday, December 7, 2023
CLEMMONS — Decorate the outside of your home, business or organization to “Light up the Village” and show off your small town pride.
The annual Christmas decor competition has multiple award categories, including:
- The Griswold Award — Lights, lights, lights!
- The Peoples Choice Award — determined by social media “likes”
Home must be must be decorated by Tuesday, Dec. 12.
Winners will be announced on social media and by email.
Winners will receive a gift card, recognition on social media sites and given a yard sign to display, in addition to ultimate bragging rights for the year.
Like your favorite display photo in the designated Facebook Album featured on the Clemmons Wonderland. The display with the most likes will win.
- Only businesses/organizations/
residents located within the Village of Clemmons boundaries are eligible for participation in the contest.
- Participants must agree to have their street address published on marketing materials.
- Participants must register online for the contest to be eligible. Deadline is Dec. 12.
- All decorations must be up no later than Dec. 12. If decorations are not up by the deadline, you are not eligible for the contest.
- Each participant must submit photos for the Peoples Choice Award Dec. 12. Photographs should be taken at dark, and displays should include lights so that the display is visible after dark.
- Voting will open on Dec. 13 and end at 11:59 p.m. on Monday, Dec. 20.
- Only outdoor lighting/decorating, and window displays, will be considered for the contest. Decorations must be visible from the street.