Clemmons Branch Library upcoming events
Published 12:00 am Thursday, January 11, 2024
- Story times: Join in for books, finger plays, songs and crafts for toddlers and preschoolers in the story time room. Story time is on Tuesdays at 9:30 a.m., followed by a repeat performance at 10:30 a.m., and on Thursdays at 10:30 a.m.
- Preschool Craft Time: The fun continues on Thursdays after story time to make a craft together at 11:30 a.m.
- Music and Movement: Join in for dancing, singing and shaking out those sillies. It takes place every Wednesday at 11:30 a.m.
- Tinker Tuesday: On the first Tuesday of the month at 4 p.m., make creations out of Legos, K’nex, Lincoln Logs and Marble Maze materials. All ages welcome. The next session will be on Jan. 16.
- Pokemon Club: Join in on the first and third Wednesday of the month at 4 p.m. to learn about and play Pokemon games. Cards will be provided or you can bring your own. For ages grade school through teens. The next meeting will be on Jan. 17.
- Chess Club: Grade school students, tweens, teens and their families are invited to play chess and other board games once a month at the library. The next session will be on Tuesday, Jan. 23, at 4 p.m.
- STEAM Wednesdays: Come do fun STEAM-related experiments with us at 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 24. For children in grade school and above.
- Clemmons Cookbook Club: Every third Wednesday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Choose a recipe from a pre-selected book in the library a copy will be made for you. Bring in the finished dish on the day of the meeting to share with other members. Must bring a dish to attend. The next meeting will be on Jan. 17 and will feature heart-healthy recipes.
- Bluegrass Jam Sessions: Second and fourth Monday of the month at 6 p.m. Join in at the Clemmons Branch Library auditorium for a jam session. Players of all abilities are welcome. The next session will be on Jan. 22
- Book Lovers’ Club: First Monday of the month at 6:30 p.m. Join in for a group book discussion each month. On Feb. 5, the group will discuss “Evelyn Hugo” by Taylor Jenkins Reid.
The Clemmons Branch Library is located at 6563 James St., Clemmons.