Clemmons is seeking an assistant finance officer
Published 12:00 am Thursday, February 8, 2024
The Village of Clemmons has announced an opening for the position of assistant finance officer. If you or someone you know possesses the necessary skills and experience for this role, you are encouraged to apply.
General statement of duties:
The assistant finance officer is responsible for assisting the finance officer in the financial administration of the village. Key responsibilities include receiving and processing funds, managing financial reporting, monitoring financial software and maintaining the village’s overall financial stability in compliance with all governing financial and accounting laws.
Distinguishing features of the class:
This role involves a variety of fiscal and administrative functions, including disbursement and accounting of revenues and expenditures, payroll preparation, purchasing, fixed assets management and related fiscal operations. The employee must exercise independent judgment and initiative, following established municipal finance procedures, local ordinances and North Carolina General Statutes governing local government financial operations.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Assisting with financial operations, including disbursement and accounting of municipal funds, billing, purchasing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, fixed assets and the preparation of financial reports.
- Assisting with budget management, revenue projection and trend forecasting.
- Reviewing and monitoring ongoing budget administration, coordinating activities with village departments and providing necessary information.
- Handling the village’s payroll, preparing reports regarding withholdings, benefits, taxes, and ensuring compliance with monthly, quarterly and annual requirements.
- Preparing financial statements and providing documentation to auditors for the annual audit.
- Managing grant financials and reporting.
- Performing general accounting for the village.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Knowledge of North Carolina general statutes and local ordinances governing municipal financial practices.
- Understanding of principles and practices of public finance administration, municipal accounting and fiscal support activities.
- General knowledge of automated accounting systems and the ability to work in an automated environment.
- Ability to evaluate financial systems, formulate accounting methods, and establish effective working relationships.
The hiring range for the position is $63,767 – $70,303, depending on education and experience. Benefits are included.
The village of Clemmons is an equal opportunity employer.