Deaths for the week of Jan. 26
Published 2:31 pm Monday, January 23, 2023
Bobbie Reece Cheek
Mr. Bobbie Reece Cheek, 90, passed away Wednesday, Nov. 30, 2022. He was born Oct. 23, 1932, in Forsyth County to the late Reece Sanford Cheek and Blanche Mabe Cheek. A small burial service was attended by the family at Westlawn Gardens of Memory in Clemmons on Dec. 13, 2022. A celebration of life service will be held at 2 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28, 2023, at Calvary Baptist Church in Winston-Salem with Dr. Will Toburen officiating. The doors will be open at 1:30 p.m., and the family will receive friends following the service in the vestibule of the church sanctuary. In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project, 4899 Belfort Road, Suite 300, Jacksonville, Florida 32256 or the Jimmy V Foundation, P.O. Box 2624. Sarasota, FL 34230. Online condolences may be made to www.hayworth-miller.com.
Anna Marie Kaiser
Anna Marie Kaiser, née Symosko, 94 of Clemmons passed peacefully at home on Tuesday, Jan. 10, 2023. A native of Carnegie, Pennsylvania, and wife of the late Russell Kaiser, she had a long career as an RN, graduating from Allegheny Nursing College in 1947. She is survived by her children Linda Weber, Scott Weber, and Russ Kaiser (Carol); grandchildren, Pascal Jauffret (Anna), Sarah Kaiser, Maura Owens (Jared), William Kaiser and Stephen Kaiser; and great-grandchildren Tao, Fleur and Lune Jauffret. A celebration of life ceremony will be held at 3 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 29, 2023, at Harmony Grove United Methodist Church in Lewisville.
• • •
• Mrs. Catherine MacRae Lyerly, 92, of Lewisville passed away peacefully on Sunday, Jan. 15, 2023.
• Mrs. Dorothy Grubbs Henry-Davis, 87, of Lewisville passed away Saturday, Jan. 14, 2023.
• Mr. Shelby “Sheb” Wilburn Doub, 84, of Olin passed away Friday, Jan. 13, 2023.
• Mr. Daniel Delain Quesinberry, 74, of Advance went to be with our Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ, on Jan. 11, 2023.
• Mr. Edgar “Allen” Mabe Sr., 65, of Winston-Salem passed away unexpectedly on Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2023.
• Christopher Dwight Thomson, 69, of Clemmons passed away on Jan. 21, 2023.
• Patricia Hart Sumners, 67, passed away Friday, Jan. 20, 2023.
• Mrs. Bunny Thompson Llewellyn, 81, of Clemmons passed away at Trinity Elms Health & Rehab on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2023.
• James (“Jim”) P. Duffy Jr. passed away peacefully at his home in Clemmons on Jan. 15, 2023.
• Helen Virginia Buchanan Morgan died Jan. 14, 2023.
• Mandy Annette Cathcart, 57, of Mocksville passed away on Thursday, Jan. 19, 2023.
• Myra Ann Crowe, 73, of Clemmons passed away on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2023.
• Linda Jean Propst, 74, of Clemmons passed away on Friday, Jan. 20, 2023.